Training for Direct Payment Users
Wiltshire CIL provides training opportunities to people in Wiltshire who receive a Direct Payment. Training is provided directly by Wiltshire CIL trainers or by contracting reputable trainers depending on the course. All training is delivered by experienced and knowledgeable trainers.
We cover a wide range of topics, for example:
- Employers Information Sessions: which includes looking at recruitment and retention, conducting reviews and supervision with your PA, keeping records, employment law and checks.
- Health & Safety in the Home Environment for Employers and PA’s: this looks at home check lists and risk assessments.
- Introduction to Equality Awareness: written and delivered by people with lived experience of disability the session explores attitudes and barriers that many disabled people face.
- Moving and Handling: Understanding the principles of safe handling.
- Infection Control: Preventing the spread of infection in the home environment, hand hygiene and good practice.
- Basic First Aid: basic life support and first aid in the home.
All training opportunities will be advertised in Upcoming Events on the Home page as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages.
From time to time we run conferences and meetings on topics relevant to the wider disabled community. These will also be advertised in Upcoming Events on the Home page, and our Facebook and Twitter pages.