Who can have a Direct Payment?
Anyone who needs help from Social Services and who is able to consent to receiving a direct payment and to manage it (although they can get help and support to do this on a daily basis).
Most disabled or older people and carers who have been assessed as needing support should be offered a direct payment by Wiltshire Council. This includes:
- People with physical and sensory impairment
- People with learning difficulties
- People with mental health issues
- Older people
- Carers who have been assessed as needing services
- People with parental responsibility for a disabled child
If you think you qualify for a direct payment but have never had contact with Wiltshire Council’s Social Care Services then contact them to request an assessment. If you already receive a service but would like a direct payment, you should contact the Council. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can ask for a direct payment at any time. For Adult Social Care, telephone 0300 456 0111 and for Children & Young People’s Disability Team, contact 01249 707990.